Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fire and Ice

2 posters

Go down

Fire and Ice Empty Fire and Ice

Post  Kelwynne Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:25 am

A solitary figure approaches a large building near the docs. She pauses in front of the massive door to marvel at the giant sentinals, twins carved from an igneous rock not native to the region. After taking a moment to consider the efforts required to create the guardians, she enters the portal, passing beneath their watchful gaze.

The inside of the massive building is no less of a marvel. Easily one of the largest building she has ever been in the ceiling soars four stories overhead. Her eyes is almost immediatly drawn to the large cauldron in the center and the flame that dances within.

After a few moments of watching the dance, she moves her gaze to the east, where a large altar in the shape of a sword is embedded deep into the stone floor. An elderly man kneels in front, deep in prayer. Akane waits a respectful distance away, leaving Rastiannes, priest of Gilthraad to his meditations.

Kelwynne
Freeman
Freeman

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Fire and Ice Empty Re: Fire and Ice

Post  Anadrith Indoril Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:01 pm

Rastiannes looks up from his meditation, his face breaking into a warm smile.

"My child, welcome. How may I be of service to you today? Do you wish to browse our divine items, or simply wish for a quiet moment of prayer?"

Anadrith Indoril
DM
DM

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelwynne Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:16 pm

Akane glances once again around the cavernous room and unconsciously rubs the small pendant to Earen that hangs on a thong that is entwined with the sash she wears as a belt.

"I may take you up on your offer of some quiet meditation. It is however the tales of your temples divine goods that bring me here today. You have a reputation for producing the finest divinely enchanted items available in the region and I have an unexpected need of such skills."

As she continues to speak she takes a bundle from over her shoulder and begins to carefully unwrap it.

"This was intended as part of a donation to a small shrine in the north, to help them continue their work aiding the less fortunate. Yet the Stonelord has other plans it seems, for he chose instead to bless it. His priest returned the hide to me with instructions to seek out a skilled craftsman."

As she finishes speaking she holds up a ice wolf pelt of exceptional quality. The white hide shimmers gently in the dancing light of the eternal flame.

"From what I have heard you are the one who would do the most justice to this unexpected boon. The most able to respect the intent of Nor's wish." She hesitates slightly. "I have little in the way of coin that I can offer you in exchange. I do have another Ice wolf pelt that I could offer. Or maybe there is some service that I can perform in exchange, though my time in Sandow is regrettably short this time."

Kelwynne
Freeman
Freeman

Back to top Go down

Post  Anadrith Indoril Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:42 am

The priest smile broadens as he rises from his prayer to examines the pelt.

Dear child, such signs are so rare these days we would be foolish to ignore them. If the Gods will it, it shall be done - after all, Gilthraad is the great protector. It would seem that your need is great indeed. If he wills it, Gilthraad will ask a favour or task when the time comes to repay this boon.

Rastiannes takes the pelt from Akane's outstretched hand, folding it carefully over his arm.

This already carries the blessing of the Stonelord, but I can see what item the crafters can fashion from its folds.

Anadrith Indoril
DM
DM

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelwynne Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:00 pm

Akane bows deeply.

"Thank you. As time allows I will be in to meditate, but you may also ask for Akane at the inn."

She bows once again before moving to a quiet corner, where she begins working through a slow, meditative kata. (ooc: think Tai Chi)

Kelwynne
Freeman
Freeman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum