Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tournament of Champions III

5 posters

Go down

Tournament of Champions III Empty Tournament of Champions III

Post  KMLucas Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:46 pm

*Seeing the notices going up around Fort Hope, Luci Blade immediately goes to her room and searches for a quill, ink and paper.

Having found some she heads down into the common room of the inn, where she is staying until her home is built, and takes over one of the tables. Frowning hard in concentration she struggles to write a letter.*

"Dear Sirs,
I have seen the notices regarding the Tournament of Champions and would like to make a request as to the events taking place. Would it be possible to have a seperate category for the melee events in which those who can magically hide in plain sight cannot take part. I feel that this would not only be fairer and more interesting to watch, it would also be a test of actual fighting ability.

I have taken the liberty of posting a copy of this letter on the notice board outside the tavern so that all those who agree or disagree with this idea can feel free to comment.

In faith,
Luci Blade
Head of Militia Training at Fort Hope."

*Labouriously she copies the letter out again and pins one to the notice board and hand delivers the copy to the organisers of the event.*

//Feel free to add your character's comments as a reply.

KMLucas
Freeman
Freeman

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

Tournament of Champions III Empty Re: Tournament of Champions III

Post  Mama Legba Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:20 pm

Dinara saunters over to the board and reads the notices. As she reads the request from Luci, her lips curve up into a little smirk. She turns on her heels and heads back to her rooms to pen her own note.

I can understand the unease one must have fighting against those of us who can cloak ourselves in shadows. I would however suggest that perhaps if you are wanting to hold the title of champion, and the requirements that title entails, it would be best if the champion is well suited to defend against ANY enemies who may plot against us. As is obvious by my particular skills, you will not always be able to see your opponent. Granted, there are those, such as a specific class of mages, who I would have trouble facing.... but then, that is what the Arcana/Divine Champion of Fort Hope is for.

Keeping that in mind, I have no issue with a seperate category for those who are afraid to challenge me in the tournament. If I get lucky, perhaps I will be able to hold my title as Champion of Fort Hope without lifting a finger.

Dinara Carna, Champion of Fort Hope

After scribing her note, Dinara locks up her rooms and heads back over to the boards to post her reply to Luci's suggestion. As she walks away, she chuckles softly to herself.

// Disclaimer: I do not mean to offend anyone with this post. I am merely RPing Dinara's $%@#! attitude. If anyone takes any offense, please take it up in game with Dinara.... not me... I'm really a nice person.... honest. Smile I also figure it might help to insight some of that pride I know is out there. It would be great to see Dinara unseated and knocked down a notch. Although, she wouldn't see it that way.
Mama Legba
Mama Legba
Admin

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Raydrick Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:19 pm

In a stroke of luck, Raydrick hears of the upcoming tournament while passing through Fort Hope.
He heads toward the board and reads the messages in the dim light of the evening sun.
Leaving no reply of his own, Raydrick simply walks out of Fort Hope with a smile.

Will the former Champion of Fort Hope answer the call of battle or will he retire to live a peaceful life, leaving the fighting to the next generation?

~~~

In the alley between the Witch's Brew and Tierney's shop, someone watches as the former Champion reads the board.
The dark clad person stands still in the shadow of the buildings, quietly keeping watch.
Soon after Raydrick's departure, the sun sets, and the person disappears in the darkness of the night.

It is not the first time this person has been seen around Fort Hope.
For a couple of months now, a person wearing dark gray clothes has been spotted by many when the sun sets.
Those who tried approaching him were left puzzled as the figure simply vanished into thin air, leaving no trace behind.

Raydrick
Knight
Knight

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Anadrith Indoril Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:04 am

The event master strolls up to the noticeboard, a pleasant smile on his face as he notices the small crowd of people reading his sign. He raises his brow as he notices the handwritten note pinned below the tournament notice. He reads the notice, brow still raised.

This is a matter for the event committe, I believe He thinks to himself. He carries on walking, smiling at the thought of the events to come

Anadrith Indoril
DM
DM

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post  raspard Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:58 pm

Midnight pauses by the noticeboard. 'Something strange' he muses. 'What's this? A request for a seperate category of fighting by ...... Luci Blade. Afraid of joining in an unfair fight is she? Strange blademaster she is .... never should a fight be fair. What would be the point? Besides' a thorougly evil grin spreads over the parchment of his face, ' I never had a problem killing Dinara and that was after she became Champion of Fort Hope. Maybe I should enter. I wonder if there will be any Paladins there. That would be fun'. Recalling thorougly unpleasant memories Midnight strolled off in the direction of the docks.

raspard
Freeman
Freeman

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum