Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Findin' Sara ( "The Widow of Cronkara" )

2 posters

Go down

Findin' Sara ( "The Widow of Cronkara" ) Empty Findin' Sara ( "The Widow of Cronkara" )

Post  Clasybear Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:02 pm

After recievin' the piece of paper frum the old man, with Sara's address scribbled on it...I race off to find Sunshine. So happy and excited I am, perhaps Sara will be able to sit down with me and talk about my family (my parents), I want to get to know them more... what I do remember isn't much....
I find Sunshine, in the market, I can not hold my excitement any longer... " I found her, I found her..." I exclaim to him...
"Found who? Sunshine replies, "who did you find?"
Though I'm speakin' very fast for I'm excited.....I try to calm down I can not, like a child again openin' a special present for the very 1st time.... " I found her....I found Sara...." I'm almost shoutin'...
Sunshine takes my hand... "you got to calm down and speak slower" he tells me... he takes my hand and we go to South Tana, where it seems less busy to talk....
"Now who is this Sara, you found?" Sunshine finally asks...
"Sara was a good friend to my parents,so long ago...perhaps if I saw her she can tell me what they were like, I've ONLY got memories of them and very few at least..." I reply...
Showin' the piece of paper in my hands as if it was a delicate flower, not wanting to fold it, her name written on it with her address, as preserved as how it was given to me by the old man when we got back to Tana, frum fightin' the Lich in the well in Cronkara.
"Then we should go find Sara", he tells me..he takes my hand and we travel to Sandow to find her... Though the old man had told me she works in the Tavern, we go inside to see if she is there... I feel very uneasy lookin' around.... we go up to the bar and ask the bar keep, if Sara was around... He stared at us for awhile without sayin' a word.... I look at Sunshine, " please lets go, will find her by the address I've got" I tell him.... He nods and we turn to go out the door...
Clasybear
Clasybear
Freeman
Freeman

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Back to top Go down

Findin' Sara ( "The Widow of Cronkara" ) Empty Re: Findin' Sara ( "The Widow of Cronkara" )

Post  Anadrith Indoril Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:59 pm

*The barkeep eyes the pair for a while, and just as they turn to leave he speaks in a gruff voice...*

“She’s out back, gettin’ ready. If both of you buy a drink you can wait for ‘er. She’ll be out in a minute, though don’ disturb her ‘til she’s done.”

*Ordering drinks and seating yourselves at a small table by the fireside, it is not long until a middle-aged woman appears with a harp, seating herself on the stage in the corner of the tavern. Her face is lined with creases of worry, aging her beyond her years... there are wisps of grey amongst her soft blonde hair.

Clearing her throat slightly she strums a few chords on the harp and the room falls silent as she begins to sing. Her voice is sweet yet sorrowful, and her song brings most of the patrons into a reflective trance, enraptured by the mournful song. One drunken sailor stands up, screeching ‘Sing sommat happy, love. Bet I could cheer you up’ much to the delight of the rest of his table, who erupt with laughter.

At the comment the woman simply turns away, continuing her song with a resigned and saddened look in her eye. Finishing her song, the woman stands, gives a little bow and heads over to the bar. The barkeep points in the direction of Dina and Beau’s table, which the woman then heads towards. She pulls up a chair, regarding the pair with some curiosity.

“I heard you two were asking after me. My name is Sara. Now who might you be?”

Anadrith Indoril
DM
DM

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Findin' Sara ( "The Widow of Cronkara" ) Empty Finally talks with Sara

Post  Clasybear Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:24 pm

"Sara, I don't know if you would remember me.... I'm Dina Delight....." *lookin' at Beau* this is Beau Bard...
"Beau", he replies, "a pleasure to meet you, Ma'am". *Holdin' his hand tight* "My parents were.... *she chokes up ready to cry* "Calm down Dina" , Beau tenderly tells her. * Continues on with her story* "were with you and your husband, so many years ago, good friends I do believe.... *bites her lower lip* "they helped with that.... that shipment " *starts to cry just thinkin' of that day* ".... the day the lizards attacked.... I'm so sorry..." *looks at Beau for comfort as he caresses her hands in his*
" I know this is tough.... but I want to know them... all I got is vague memories of them.... our home by the river... and the dock behind.... *looks at Sara sadly* "can you help me? Please?" *with Tears in her eyes, and tears flowin' down her cheeks* " Don't cry, my love," he tells her. *wipes her tears away*
Clasybear
Clasybear
Freeman
Freeman

Back to top Go down

Findin' Sara ( "The Widow of Cronkara" ) Empty Re: Findin' Sara ( "The Widow of Cronkara" )

Post  Anadrith Indoril Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:43 am

*Sara sits quietly as she listens to Dina’s words. Pearly tears appear in the corner of her eyes as she raises a hand to wipe them away.*

“I tried to write. Every month, I sent a letter. And two weeks later, without fail... the letter would be sent back. The sister at the orphanage said that it was best that I left the past alone, that it would be too painful for you to have contact with me lest it remind your loss. They said that you were so angry, inconsolable for so long after. They wouldn’t let me talk to you in case it started it all again.”

*she sighs deeply*

“I can only hope you can forgive me my dear. You are so young, and I forget sometimes that I am not the only one who has lost everything. Your parents were both very dear to me. I had known your mother Flo all my life. Her family owned a small farm next to our vineyard. She married my cousin, you know. Which I suppose makes us distant family *she smiles softly*. He was called Rubin, or ‘Rusty’ to all his friends. His hair was flame red, and a personality as bright as his hair.”

*She gives a little reminiscent smile, which fades quickly*

I am sure they would both be very proud of you. I am so sorry they could not be there for you when you needed them... we lost so much of our family that day..”

*She unfastens a silver bracelet from round her wrist, holding it out for Dina to take.*

Here... take this. It was a wedding present from your father – my cousin. It is the only thing I still possess from the old days... although I think you deserve it more than I. It has been in our family for years, please take it.”

*The silver is slightly tarnished but you can still see the bracelet is beautiful. Delicate charms hang from the fine chain, although some are slightly battered and bent out of shape.*

I think its what kept me safe all these years... and against... the lizards. A lucky charm bracelet my grandmother always used to say. A pity we could not have had more in the family...”

*she smiles as she regards Dina for a moment, tears welling in her eyes again*

And you look so much like her”

Anadrith Indoril
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  Clasybear Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:24 pm

* Looks at Sara, then to the Bracelet* " Oh I must ant, take, Papa gave it to you" *with tear still flowin' down her cheeks* "But it is Ever so Lovely" *hesitates to take the bracelet, as Sara insists Dina to take the bracelet*
*Beau looks at Sara.* "Sara, please, it is so generous of your part, to give a souvenir, that is so important; it was frum your dear cousin,and your dear friend.... for Dina it's much more... I thank you, Sara for your kind gest, for your kindness."
" I can not... oh I must ant take." *looks at both Sara and Beau, and then to the Bracelet.*
*Sara looks to Beau for an answer. Beau gently takes the bracelet frum Sara's hand and... *
"Ohhh Dina, please accept it, it's frum your father..." *places the bracelet on her left wrist* " Good thanks, sweet Sara."
*Dina looks down at the bracelet, with tears in her eyes, bites her lower lip and nods, Beau looks at Dina and kisses her wet cheek* "Thank you, Sara..... I'll cherish it so so much..." *as she chokes the words out. Beau places his hand on Dina's shoulder, and thanks her again, and looks at Dina, with his eyes so full of love for her.*
*As the night grows late the 3 are immersed into their conversation... the bar keep comes over to their table...* "Sara it's late, I must close..."
Clasybear
Clasybear
Freeman
Freeman

Back to top Go down

Post  Anadrith Indoril Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:35 pm

*Sara nods to the barkeep, standing and tucking her chair under the table*

"It has been a pleasure, both of you. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see you all grown up and happy"
*She smiles fondly at the pair*

"Please, if you ever need anything, I am here for you. I live four doors down from the tavern and play here most nights. Be safe and take care now, won't you?"

*She smiles again and hugs Dina tightly. She turns to hug Beau as well, whispering in his ear. "Take care of her, please" *

Anadrith Indoril
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum