Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dane Adams - Priest of Alahna

Go down

Dane Adams - Priest of Alahna Empty Dane Adams - Priest of Alahna

Post  arhim Fri May 17, 2013 8:08 pm

Name: Dane Adams
Nick Names: None Known
Species: Human
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Significant Marks: NA
Family: NA
Parents: Douglas and Jennifer Adams
Siblings: None

Dane worked his way up from from being a bus boy to cook at the Crows Nest. His father Douglas was a sailor and his wife Jennifer a wench at the Crows Nest. Douglas had a bad gambling habbit and owed money to one of the unsavory people who frequent the tavern in Sandow. Since Douglas was unable to pay his debt his wife Jennifer was beaten to death. Douglas, being full of shame, took his own wife, leaving Dane alone. Dane being on the hefty side, always seemed to be the butt of jokes at the Crows Nest and often was bullied by sailors who used to tease about his parents. It was too much for Dane to take. As he furnished one end of the rope around a rock and the other around his neck, a blazing light blinded him. It was the Alahna, the patron God of Sailors and of Healing. She consoled Dane and lifted his heart, promising to him, that he is not alone, and that it is time for him to find his way. Dane quit the Crows Nest and is now a follower Alahna. It is here that his life begins.

arhim
DM
DM

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Dane Adams - Priest of Alahna Empty Re: Dane Adams - Priest of Alahna

Post  arhim Sat May 18, 2013 3:55 am

Dane sits in the common room at the Hostel. He pulls out a book and quill.

Day 4, Month 5, 2744

Today is my first day in my walk with Alahna and I am truly blessed. I met many good people this day. Hayseed a farmer, Zach the swordsmen, Celeste a student of the arcane, Gannock the smith and Sylar. It started with Zach offering to help this woman with a bug a problem in her house, but then when she went missing, even Zach did what was right. We tracked her to a lair of the lizard creatures, though I think Zach was still being motivated by greed, but I think his heart was changed this day. For as we found the lady, unconscious in the deepest part of the lizard cave, it ended up not being a woman at all. It was Moge. What a blessed day. He congratulated us on passing his little test. He encouraged us, and told us there would be other trials. For us to stick together and to learn from eachother. I do feel a bond with these people, I'm not sure what but it feels like we are destined to meet again and do great things, all for her glory, my lord mother Alahna. Though Sylar concerns me. I see us being at odds. A man such as myself can not live on leaf and nut alone. I will just have to make myself some salted beef and pork before we journey next time.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Sat May 25, 2013 11:24 am

Dane begins to speak ...

I was having an apple talking with Buppi when Sylar came by. For some reason he asked what we were doing this time. For a moment I had to think as to what he was talking about and then remembered that he helped with the bug house and the tests from Lord Moge. I had to think quickly on my feet, not many these days care to give a good turn and provide service to others. As we entered the hostel, Sylverin, a good hearted dwarf joined us. We met earlier that day and he let me tell him my testimony of how I got to where I was today. Hayseed and Zach were already there, it was then that I had a feeling this was no accident and that there were greater plans for us this day. Celeste came shortly there after with a lovely woman named Kylie, she was looking for work. As Hayseed was going out of his way to make sure everyone had their portion of the spoils from last we met, that is a man pure and good in heart, my final sign from above solidified we were to do something grand. Joshua, a Paladin of Alahna, approached. It was then that I was inspired and suggest we help the Acolyte of the hostel. Easy enough task though one of service pure of heart, gather some potion bottles from the Herbalist in Tanamerah to donate to the hostel. So we set off to Tanamerah to purchase some bottles. Gannock arrived shortly after as we were gathering things, and it truly was a sign, that we were bound for service in Her name.

The Acolyte was thankful and then asked us to get him some hides for scrolls. I turned to Hayseed since I would think he would know best where to find boar and it was then he became divinely inspired. He mentioned a cemetery rumored to be full of un-restful spirits and bandits. Zach agreed that this was more of a pressing matter for us to attend to and that he knew of a short cut to the cemetery. So be that as it was, we all went a long with it. We came upon the largest ants that I have ever seen and went through their tunnels. We emerged at the cemetery and found the bandits, desecrating the graves. I was shocked to say the least. It was then that something seemed to come over the group, as if this cursed place was bringing evil intent to all. Celeste decided to pitch a tent and make camp on top of the grave site. I was shocked to say the least, though, I nicely suggested that we goto the temple as the Priestess there watches over the dead and protects them. So we did, we entered the Temple of Vela. Upon talking to her she mentioned that the area had and infestation of ants and if we could help thin our their numbers, we gave her the mandibles that we already had taken care of, she was grateful. Then she mentioned the grave robbers, we gave her the heads of the dead that we fought. Other then being a little too overjoyed, she was very pleased. Hayseed had a feeling that we needed to check around the cemetery for other bandits, to insure they were not hiding out.

We stood outside of one of the mausoleum and saw that it was damaged. Durik at this time joined us, a dwarven warrior who just happened to be at the right place at the right time. We entered the mausoleum. We did not find any bandits but we did however find un-restful spirits. We assisted with putting them to rest as we felt it was out duty. It was then, in the final chamber that it over took everyone. Everyone but myself and Joshua seemed to be stealing from the burial chests of the dead. I was very much in shock. We left the chambers. Celeste said she needed to rest and took off for the temple. Joshua and I went after her, but could not find her. Joshua, feeling so overwhelmed by the evil, decided to leave us and head back to Tanamerah. I quickly then joined the others. We found one of the doors of the tombs opened and we thought that it maybe a grave robber was in there. So we all went in. No grave robber, just more un-restful dead. The two dwarves and Celeste started to pound and try to break open the chests that were there. I had had enough of this behavior and would not give in to this ill intent. I tried to explain that stealing from this family their riches, was not something one who is good would do. The dwarves backed off right away and even Zach finally gave in to that notion. Celeste though did not. She strongly believed that good and evil are perception and that there is no truth. I was shocked and lost for words, my heart ached as I felt I misjudged her character.

This seemed to be a theme with her each time we came upon chests. She even tried to turn things around and say that it was worse that we were disturbing the dead then her taking from the chests. Hayseed, speaking true from heart, told her that the dead are already disturbed that is why they were restless. Was it not obvious that the grave robbers who have been stealing from the grave was what caused the dead to be un-restful? Then I spoke with conviction that did we not just assist the Priestess and provided her with the heads of the robbers? Did she want to come to such fate as those who we had just dealt with? There was nothing said after that.

On a lighter note, Celeste did give me a beautiful purple cloak, it matches my armor so well. I also did learn a new craft, how to carve a bone into a wand. Alahna even blessed one for me to provide it the power to remove fear. I think I spend sometime with the Acolyte and Herbalist to see if they can teach me the art of potion making, I think it would be a useful skill. This time in service has blessed me so. I have learned prayers of protection and for battle. I can bless weapons and make them magical and bless those for battle and make them appear as if they have skin of stone.

All that I do, I do for her glory, my Lord and Savior Alahna. Though I due wish that you were still with me, I do miss you ma and pa, though Alahna gives me the strength to carry on, but the pain is still there.

Dane leaves a flower on each of the graves, one for his mother and one for his father. He stands and wipes a tear, the Priestess of Vela smiles at him and he smiles back. He knows that all this has been Alahna's greater design for him.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:24 pm

Dane leaves the Tanamerah Crafting Hall and makes his way to the Hostel on the Western Outskirts of Tanamerah. He sits down at the large table and pulls out a quill, ink, and two bound parchments; one his journal the other slightly smaller. He reads through his list and starts crossing things out.

Bottles for Acolyte
Hides for Acolyte
Ants for Priestess
Grave Robbers for Priestess
Spider Silk for Priestess
Help Lucy
Gather Wax for Ellinda
Gather Fire Wood for the Kitchen
Knuckles for Ellinda
Beef for Kitchen
Scrolls for Zach
Bones for Acolyte

He places the little notebook away and pulls out a larger leather bound one, takes a spoonful of stew and begins writing.

It was like a De-Ja-Vu, Zach, Joushua, Hayseed, Sylverin, Kylie and Gannock at the hostel. No Sylar or Celeste, but still a merry gathering. Hayseed was handing out the cut of what he sold the last that we saw each other. Hayseed is a good man, though he doesn't believe so, I think he is a born leader. Anyway, we all went out in search of wood and hides to bring back to the hostel's staff. Gannock though, had a more pressing matter for Hayseed's Militia to attend to. A little girl named Lucy was need of some help. She had lost her dollies while playing in the woods, not sure why her parents would let her play in the woods, may her grandfather is the man who owns that house by the stream, but regardless, I have never seen so many wolves in all my life. We lucked out and found an underground entrance to a cave where the monsters lived. We got rid of them, found the dolls and returned them to Lucy. Though, not before we got turned around and ended up going to the cemetery. Good thing we did though, there were ants and robbers again. Ashen, a new acquaintance we met, spoke to the Priestess of Vela and she was pleased with the dispatching of ants and robbers and Zach, well, he made some rude comments about her. Back to Tanamerah to give Lucy her dolls; Joshua then left our company with Ashen. Off to the Ellinda to give her the ant wax she was looking for and then she asked us to give her some knuckles.

We then decided to head to Sandow where along the way we ran into some Forest Giants and pretty nasty spiders. We found an old tower that reeked of trouble and we agreed, we needed to make our way to Sandow. We took a dangerous short cut through the woods and stumbled into more giants and even found a cave. A few dead travelers we met, I said some prayers for them but I was not able to help them, far too gone for us. We made our way to Sandow, dropped off some mail packages, picked up some packages for Tanamerah and then headed to the coast, as Hayseed said it was a good place to find boar, they like to eat the crops and make a mess of things out that way. We found the boar and ran into some really bizarre looking chicken type things, part chicken part lizard and boy could they jump. Then we ended up in a swamp like area, chasing boar when we came upon these glowing lights that seem to posses the power to shock those who approach them. I got to try out a wand I made, as everyone was getting bit by either snakes or spiders. We also ran into some little lizard creatures, I think someone said they were goblins. Again we got turned around and got off course and ran into what I think was a plains area, we did find the road again, but not before we had to deal with snakes, larger boar and spiders. We did well, though it did deplete my wand. On the way back to Tanamerah, I mentioned about my skills I have learned from the Acolyte with potion making, wand carving and scribing, though the supplies are costly. We discussed about when there is extra funds, they would be donate for my crafting supplies, and both Kylie and Zach provided me with some personal donations.

We delivered the mail to Tanamerah, Hides to the Acolyte and then wood to the kitchen. The hostel workers had some other requests for us, some large bones and slabs of meat. We agreed that next time we meet we would either go to the cemetery again or venture below the city to a rumored ancient city where there are tales of hundreds of unrestful dead. I do look forward to it for some odd reason, maybe it is that I wish to help the unrestful ones to find rest. To prepare, I have made some scrolls to raise the dead, in the event we find myself or someone else fallen. I hope we do not need to use them. Though, I do have some other prayers I have learned, ones that turn your skin to stone and another to make people invisible. These should come in handy. I did bless some wands with them, though that pretty much wiped out my purse.

I spoke with Hayseed a bit about the militia, and I offered to be his permanent Chaplin if he would let me. He was a bit shocked, he said that he is just a simple farmer, not a leader. He said that they look to me as a leader and decision maker; he is so humble and kind. So here I am, reflecting on all this, and I hope that my decisions are truly what Alahna wants from me. All I can do is pray for guidance to know what is best.

Dane sits back, corks his ink and cleans the quill. He heads to the kitchen for his second bowl of stew.

Miss, why, don't you take a rest, I will tend to the kitchen. You know, I used to work in the kitchen at the Crows Nest. Let me tell you how Alahna saved me.

Two beggars come and sit with the kitchen worker, as they watch Dane chop up vegetables, add spices here and there and hang on his every word as he gives his testimony of how he was saved by Alahna.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:52 pm

Dane haggles with a merchant, the merchant hands him some coin.  He then visits another merchant, then another and another.  Dane leaves the market place and has a seat by the fountain.  He pulls out a little book and quill.

1682gp per person ( Celeste, Joshua, Zach, Sylverin, Pixel, Evelyn and Kylie ). 

He speaks to himself, "I'm sure Haywood would be able to do better but oh well".

Bottles for Acolyte
Hides for Acolyte
Ants for Priestess
Grave Robbers for Priestess
Spider Silk for Priestess
Help Lucy
Gather Wax for Ellinda
Gather Fire Wood for the Kitchen
Knuckles for Ellinda
Beef for Kitchen
Scrolls for Zach
Bones for Acolyte
Rat Pelts for Frin
Sleeping Bag for Frin
Spider Silk for the Hostel
Ellinda Venom
Frabo Spider Silk
Lagnar Deer Hide
Alina Deer Hide

He sits and thinks to himself

Well this seems to be up to date now.  I will have to tell the others about Alina, Lagnar and Frabo needing some items.  Hopefully it will go better then this last time.  I am so glad Alahna gave us another chance to do good.  Those Dark Sentry things in the Ancient City, well, they were more then we were ready to handle.  Though we will need to go back sometime and put those spirits to rest.

A growl is heard and he rubs his stomach.

Hmm, time for lunch.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:56 am

Dane wipes his beard after finishing his second bowl of stew, he seems rather tired.  He pulls out a quill, ink and his little book and opens to the first few pages.

Bottles for Acolyte                         Alina Leather Hide
Hides for Acolyte                           Lagnar Leather Hide
Ants for Priestess                          Lagnar Bison Hide
Grave Robbers for Priestess            Hanald Hide for Scrolls
Spider Silk for Priestess                                       Lagnar Wolf Hide
Help Lucy                                     Handald needs Knuckles
Gather Wax for Ellinda                   Boffin needs Deer Meat
Gather Fire Wood for the Kitchen    Hostel needs Mushrooms
Knuckles for Ellinda                       Frabo needs Giant Spiders
Beef for Kitchen                            Nebril needs Bones
Scrolls for Zach                            Ellinda needs Blight Bark
Bones for Acolyte
Rat Pelts for Frin
Sleeping Bag for Frin
Spider Silk for the Hostel
Ellinda Venom
Frabo Spider Silk
Lagnar Deer Hide
Alina Deer Hide

He studies the list and seems satisfied, he knows he has it up to date.  He turns a few pages in and begins to write

Month 3 Day 1 Year 2745

Well it has taken a few months, but I caught up with some of our Militia friends, I was able to give payment to everyone but Joshua and Pixel.  I am glad to be relieved of their funds.  Though now I hold 3100gp for Evelyn, I hope that I see her soon.  Tired is not even the beginning of what explains what I feel.  For weeks we have been out hunting in the plains and around Tanamerah.  I think we took on more then we should have, though no deaths or major injury, I think we all felt exhausted and frustrated with each other afterward.  My list of deeds have grown so long that well, its just long.  Gathering hides and meat pretty much with Sylverin, Evelyn, Zach, Gaddock, Celeste and Kylie.  We think Hayseed is off for harvest, it has been a while since we have seen him.  Sylar, well, lets say, I'm sure he would have been bothered by the work we were doing this time, Celeste even protested.  I don't understand, don't they know that if there are too many animals they will endanger themselves to extinction by having too many and not having enough food?  Aren't the deer evidence enough?  I think we must have hunted 100s of them and then there were hundreds more that took their place.  Maybe I'm just crabby from being tired.

High point of my travels?  Gaddock made me a wonderful morning star, his craftsmanship is great.  I needed it, my old one was becoming rather dull and not very good.  Also the Acolyte provided me with a blessed rod as thanks for gathering all those bones for him.  He says that it will help me raise the fallen ones, he must have heard about our little excursion to the lower portions of the Ancient City.  I thought we were going to run into some other hunters, as we found a camp on the East Road headed to Sandow, but it was abandoned.  I thought that was a bit strange.  Another strange thing, something is up with Celeste and Sylverin.  They kept disappearing from our group and wandering off.  When they would return, they exchanged glances that were peculiar, both returning a bit more bloodied then when they left, though it did not seem like their blood.  I think I will have to keep an eye on them.  I do wish Hayseed would return from harvest or wherever he is, he is much better with the Haggling.  Zach, I think he is a natural born leader, he didn't get us killed like I did last we were together, though it does not seem like the others really listened to him.  Gaddock, nice chap, he's like my bodyguard.  Seems a little slow, but where he lacks in thought, well he makes up with his brawn.

The soup kitchen cook comes over to Dane, he smiles and puts away his writings.  He stands up and motions for her to sit down

My Lady, please, take a load off.  I will tend to the kitchen and yes, I know, mushrooms are running low.  I will make sure to get you a supply soon.  Now in the meanwhile, please eat and rest.  May Alahna bless this food before you, provide nourishment to your body and continue the blessings of this Hostel, with such good and selfless people who put their needs before others.

Dane enters the kitchen and goes in the pantry.  He notices a couple of jars with brown sprigs in them. He gives them a sniff and wrinkles his nose.  The jars are labeled, Blight Droppings.  It face contorts, it is obvious that this is his EWW face.  He grabs a handful, drops them in the cauldron and begins to stir.  He sings to himself, familiar tune from those of the Crows Nest as he cooks

*sings*Way hay and up she rises early in the morning.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:15 am

A man dressed in the robes of Gilthraad sits laughing with a man dressed in the robes of Alahna.  A plate of cheese, sausage and crackers sits between them with an empty bottle of Cronkara Red.  The one man stands up, bows to the other and leaves the Sandow Inn.

See you again Rastiannes the next time I'm over this way.

He sits and pulls out a little book.  He looks through the first couple of pages disappointed, then turns and starts to write.

Month 5 Day 16 Year 2745

Well I have fallen short of any of the tasks I have been hired fall, though I may run into a few spiders on the way back if I take the road and then I can stop off at the temple of Vela to hand in the silk.  Though that is not what bothers me.  The power that Alahna has granted me is a bit too much to handle.  Too much at one time.  I fear that I hurt my friends with my flame strike.  I also do not feel that I was much help during the goblin cave encounter.  I nearly got them all killed and found myself unconscious.  There was an altercation between Sylverin and Hayseed, which somehow I feel it was my fault.  The Chief Goblin fell while I was trying to strike him with my holy flame and it was once the flames came that Sylverin started to attack Hayseed, and then ran out of the cave.  Very uncharacteristic of Sylverin.  Though he could have been distracted with the going on between him and Lemra, nice to see his gentle side.  I wonder if he got what he needed from the plague cemetery while we were there with Zach.  Oh, this Cronkara wine does not settle well with me, give me an ale any day, though I do not think I should be drinking, I may slip back into old habits.  The excuse of not insulting Rastiannes is not a good enough one I think.

Dane stands and leaves some coin on the table and leaves the Inn.  He follows the road out of the city, looking wearily at the iron giant that stands guard and proceeds on the road.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:55 am

Day 3 Month 8 Year 2745

I luckily ran into Hayseed outside the Market.  See, I was hoping to run into the militia friends, I had just came from the library, after reading the story of Kale Thanatos, I felt like an adventure needed to take place.  Hayseed mentioned we should stop back at the hostel, which we did.  Sylverin, Zach, Kylie and Gannock were out and about, we did get to gather though.  Kylie though, she had an other mission on her mind.  I should have listened, as I have outstanding jobs as well.  

So we ended up going all around, the Grotto for sprigs, bark and mushrooms.  We put to rest many restless dead, the graveyard, and then Kale's Tomb.  I hope he can be at rest finally.  I even found myself out on the plains today hunting.  I think I no know where I can get the Fire Ant Eggs for Nebril.

Dane pulls out a little book and crosses off some items

Hostel - Mushroom for Stew
Ellinda -  blight bark
Hostel - Blight Sprig

*he thinks to himself*
I knew the blight sprig would be delightful in the stew.  Oh I can not dilly dolly, I have many the hide I need to tend to if I want to make scrolls.  Some protection from alignment scrolls for Sylverin.

*Dane starts to whistle a tune as he gather his things ... *

"Whatchya gonna due with a drunken sailor ...."

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:13 pm

Dane finishes a pint at the bar at Celia's Places, a little book is opened before him.

Bottles for Acolyte                         Alina Leather Hide
Hides for Acolyte                           Lagnar Leather Hide
Ants for Priestess                          Lagnar Bison Hide
Grave Robbers for Priestess            Hanald Hide for Scrolls
Spider Silk for Priestess                 Lagnar Wolf Hide
Help Lucy                                     Hanald needs Knuckles
Gather Wax for Ellinda                   Boffin needs Deer Meat
Gather Fire Wood for the Kitchen    Hostel needs Mushrooms
Knuckles for Ellinda                       Frabo needs Giant Spiders
Beef for Kitchen                            Nebril needs Bones
Scrolls for Zach                            Ellinda needs Blight Bark
Bones for Acolyte                         Boffin needs Bison
Rat Pelts for Frin                          Nebril needs Eggs
Sleeping Bag for Frin                     Santo Needs Wood
Spider Silk for the Hostel Moongago Wolf Worries
Ellinda Venom Moongago Spiders of the Northern Plain
Frabo Spider Silk
Lagnar Deer Hide
Alina Deer Hide

Day 22 Month 10 Year 2745

I was sitting having a bowl of stew when Zach, Hayseed and Sylverin came in.  Hayseed handed out my share of the profits from last militia meeting, he haggles so well.  Then we were talking about fashion, Sylverin's cloak that was malfunctioning for him and Zach's new shinny Armor.   Speaking of wardrobe, Kylie came, she sure was the looker; thought Zach was going to choke on his drool.  Gannock came bearing gifts of his craftsmanship.  Hayseeds, I blessed for him, he was very excited about the result, either goblin or wheat shall fear Hayseed the Horrible. *Dane smirks to himself*

We ended up in the plains, hunting boar, bison and spiders.  Moongago, a warrior from Ninago, he requested some help with wolves since we were out  and about.  So we did and ran into a couple larger cats.  Displacer Cat and what I think they call a Manticore.  Very exciting.  I found a place where I can get the eggs that Nebril needs.  We went back to Ninago, Moongago told me that there is a Spider cave in the North Plains, I will need to look into that sometime.  The Fletcher also needs wood, I should learn to shoot.

Long way back to Sandow, via the Marshes.  We took on some goblins and even got us some more ore.  That should keep Gannock busy!  Though the oddest thing, we found creates of weapons and armor.  I grabbed a shipping manifest, I plan on stopping over at the South Seas Trading Company to see if Warry knows anything about this.  

Well the rest of my day is taking care of this manifest, dropping off some mail and then off to the Temple of Gilthraad, I have a class on enchanting.  I sure do hope it goes well.

Dane gathers his things and then off he he goes.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:18 pm

Ninago

Dane rotates a boar on a spit and then sits on a log.  He pulls out a book and a quill.

I sit here in Ninago by the little fishing hole roasting a boar.  I have been so tired lately.  My old buddy Robertus from the Crows Nest, his family has been sick and he has not been feeling well.  He can't afford to miss work, so I told him that I would work his shifts at the Nest so he can still get his wage.  The acolyte at the hostel told me I am pushing to hard and to just work at the Nest, that is service enough.  I think I take his advice.  Though that is after we take care of these spiders for Moongago.

Well I finally paid Evelyn her share of the spoils from last we crossed paths.  She's very witty. Zach, yes, always nice to see him.  Gannock has his ore too.  Interesting individual.  Sylverin is supposed to lead us on this spider adventure.  I hope it goes well.

Dane gets up and tends to the boar.  He then heads out shortly there after with the others in search of missing grain and a queen spider.  They head to the Venya Hills where they encounter cave goblins.  Things were going well, even in their caves, well that is until they came upon the most powerful goblin they have ever encountered.  

Now we find them back once again in Ninago.  Dane has just sat down as Evelyn begins her song.

*Evelyn sings*
A BIG black spider lived in a hole;
A terrible spider was she:
As big as a horse, with fearsome fangs,
And a heart as black as could be.
The creatures of Ninago at the sight of her fled,
And even the birds were afraid.
She had two great pincers, and eight wicked eyes
I and all who lived on the plains knew
That terrible spider's lair,
And told their little ones, under their breath:' 0 never, 0 never go there! '
One day when she crept quietly out of her hole, To pounce on a passer-by,
The militia, with bright swords struck her down!
Her poisoned jaws she opened wide,
And reared herself up to fight;
Down, down, and down, rained the blows, then a mighty stroke!
And slew her before she could bite.
She crumpled up, and was carried away,
No more to trouble the good folk of Ninago
*Evelyn takes a bow*

Dane begins to jot something in his book while chewing a piece of salted pork

Evelyn is quite talented.  Success with the spiders and the grain.  Now, Gumboto and Princess Gillia has been having issues with some goblins under the leadership of Skullbane.  It wouldn't be bad but we had a run in with one of his leaders and lets just say, thank you Alahna for giving us yet another chance at this life.  I feel we need more of us in the Militia to take care of these goblins.  Hayseed and Kylie for starters!  Oh well no time to right more, I told Janto that I would come to his shelter to tend to his sick children.  Enough bloodshed and violence today, time to use my blessings in the way I prefer.

Dane puts away his things, he bids his friends farewell

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:14 pm

2746-5-28

I was finishing my shift at the Nest and I heard a familiar voice, it was Zach.  We got a table, he began to tell me that he was worried about his parents.  He had a letter from them with him.  Gannock arrived shortly after and as we were getting ready to leave, headed to Saban if it was obvious,  and then Gannock arrived. It was not long before Kylie and Evelyn joined us and I found myself meeting Zach's parents and fighting ugly hulks and pirates.  This is short but I am tired.

Dane blotches clean his quill and corks his ink.  He neatly places his book, ink and quill on the corner of the night desk.  He is tired from his adventures this day.  Dane gets to knees and begins his evening routine.  First comes adoration, praises.  Confessions that make Dane's eye tear. A laugh as he proclaims thanks for what he has.  The longest part though, supplications.  Those on his prayer list are numerous, it will be a while before he blows out his candle this night.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:31 am

Dane sits in the market, having some cheese, fruit and crackers.  He pulls out a little and a quill and begins to write

3/13/2749
Finished work for Nebril.
Finished for Vela.
Hides to Hanald.
Bounty office.

Yes a busy a day.  Though the highlight was seeing my old fridn Sylverin. It must about a year since last we saw each other.  We talked for a bit and then he said he was off for some adventure.  He needed to collect some knuckles and bones for a merchant he was under contract with.  So I decided to lend him a hand.  Lets say that Alahna was at our side this day.

Dane smiles, takes a bite of cheese and continues writing.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum