Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

info: enchanting system

Go down

info: enchanting system Empty info: enchanting system

Post  Daniel Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:26 pm

Here is some info you might need to know about the enchanting system I have gotten a few questions so I will answer those here feel free to ask more questions.

Q. Who will be able to enchant?
A. Pure casting classes with 17 levels of experience. Pure casters are; Wizards, Sorcerers, Clerics, Druids. Pale Master levels will be treated as 2 for 1, so 4 levels of Pale Master will count as 2 levels of wizard.

Q. What sort of things will i be able to add to an item?
A. You will be able to add just about any property available with the exception of permanent spells, immunities, some skills (UMD), On Hit Properties, etc... each item type (weapon, armor, boots, etc..) will have certain properties it can have. It is quite involved and the best thing I can tell you is. It will be vary similar to the 21st level rewards that were given out during beta testing.

Q. What skill will the enchanting system use and what will the DCs be like?
A. The skill that will be used with the enchanting system is Spell Craft. The DCs will start around 30 and go up from there the toughest things to make or add to you items will be a DC of around 60 - 70.

Q. What sort of components will be used?
A. Right now I can tell you for sure, all the expensive gems (diamond, emerald, etc..) as well as all the ioun stones. If you find those now hold on to them you will need them later. Even if you do not plan to craft you can sell them to those who do or use them to bargain or even added to your own items if the player is nice enough to do it for you.

Last edited by Daniel on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Daniel
Admin

Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2008-06-25

http://arcanapw.googlepages.com

Back to top Go down

info: enchanting system Empty Re: info: enchanting system

Post  Daniel Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:18 pm

NOTE: I had to make some changes to the crafting system to support the enchanting system. Items made before Sat Sept 13th 2008 cannot be used for the enchanting system sorry Smile

Daniel
Admin

Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2008-06-25

http://arcanapw.googlepages.com

Back to top Go down