Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justan Krown Blade for Hire

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Justan Krown Blade for Hire Empty Justan Krown Blade for Hire

Post  arhim Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:38 am

A young man, tall stature, with blond hair. Not the most charismatic person, but does exhibit a leadership quality about him. He comes from the west side of the City of Tanamerah, where poverty thrives and hardship is known, has gone out to search out work as a swordsmen for hire. As a child he heard the tales of the great Emperial Guard who once protected the Great Tanamerah Empire. Hearing the stories of how they battled the Red Hand of the Far East, the Lizardmen of the Marshes, and all their other accomplishments, he always dreamed of what it would be like to be such a hero. Justan can be found wandering the city of Tanamerah, doing odd jobs for whoever will hire him. He can come off as a bit abrasive and a bit of a womanizer but he tries to have everyone's best interests at heart.

arhim
DM
DM

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Justan Krown Blade for Hire Empty Re: Justan Krown Blade for Hire

Post  arhim Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:54 pm

It was not long after I left my ran down home in Western Tanamerah, that I found my first bit of work. It was for a man named Talis from the Trading Company. At first he wanted me to sweep the floors, but I must have shown more promise then that. He had me run some errands for him, delivering some letters and some packages. It was on the way to Saban when I met another one of his workers, his name was Jerner, a priest of Moge. Nice fella he was, we ended up taking turns with carrying a crate of goods from Saban back to Tanamerah. Thankfully Jerner's God blessed him with the power to make me strong as a bull, it helped a lot, that package was a bit heavy. Talis told us he had nothing for us to do after that, so since the two of us were still a bit broke, I showed Jerner the flop house, I came acquainted with it in my younger years, after my home was burnt down during one of the barbarian raids. We met a peculiar man there, he wanted rat skins, he told us he would make us each a belt. So we did just that. While down in the sewers, we heard the most beautiful singing ever, it was this gorgeous woman by the name of Marigold Halley; so inspirational her words were. Well we ended up getting what we needed. We accompanied Marigold to the outskirts of the city, she was off to do some crafting. Jerner was very interested in this, and watched her closely. The was the last I saw of them.

A few days later, I met up with a bloodshot eyed Jerner again. He offered me a shield, a scimitar and armor. He is a fine craftsman. He left again shortly after that, telling me if I was to find some other items to save them and bring them back to him. He is off now studying crafting with one of the local smith. Guess he got bit by the bug. Speaking of bugs ... well that I will leave for another day.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:31 pm

I have been doing some odd jobs around the city for some of the merchants. Still have not seen Jerner, hope he is alright. Since these jobs are getting more dangerous, I decided to place a public post in town. It was an excellent turn out. Many many pretty women. This elven maiden by the name of Val caught my eye, but I do nothing for her, guess I'm not worthy; better off without them. Them elves are all a bit too snooty for me. So many people I cant keep their names straight. I little man, a bit wild, Dharim was one. Keldar a dwarf from the Thunderstoner clan, who I have met a kinsfolk of his recently as well, Maggs was her name, the beard did fool me. Another little man named Murray was interesting to travel with. Oh the women, Llend, I like her a lot, though it seems she has a thing of Dharim. There is also this other women, very interesting, her ability with the bow and tracking, she seems to know a lot, something is very noble about her, but mysterious. I find to be a bit drawn to her, a strong one she is, her name is Calandra. She is one of them rangers, maybe she is a forester who protect the borders to the west. There were two others, they thought they were all that and more. I cant remember the one guys name, dressed all in black, I call him Richard, he likes dead things, they follow him around, he has a faint smell of rotten flesh, and I thought the rat man smelt bad. The other, I found her name was Shana after the fact, but she got the nickname of Whitey from Calandra, due to her white hair. Muphasta I think his name was, very mysterious man, a spell slinger from what I could tell. Friends or colleagues with Shana. A couple strong personalities I met as well, this man name Erik and Strowolf. Strowolf is an amazing fighter, he is from the norselands or at least his family was, before they were ran from their lands during the barbarian wars. Him and his brother Wulfgar are both forces to be reckon with. Stro can disappear before your eyes, even without magic. It is the most amazing thing I have seen. So many names and faces I cant remember them all, hope I dont offend any of them by forgetting!

Last edited by arhim on Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:37 am

I was mistaken, the power Lord Doucard is the most amazing thing I have seen. A generous man he is. His name is Linariel Doucard, of the House of Doucard, Knight Protector of Tanamerah. He was talking with an elf maiden by the name of Galia, who I later purchased a blade from called an Orc Cleaver, someday I hope to posses the power to wield it, I did spend most of what I saved on it. Anyway, Lord Doucard wanted to see my skill in action so we went to hills and hunted giants. Thanks to his blessings, he made me more powerful then I have ever dreamed, my blade was a flame, and the giants did not stand a chance. Lord Doucard was kind enough to let me keep some of the gems that we found on the corpses of the giants. We then went off to the Norselands, outside of the Bishops Keep to find some more. After slaying a few, Calandra found us and went exploring. We found and entrance to a forest, but she warned us of great evil that lived in there, so we left.

Calandra mentioned of a cave where there was a mine that housed Numforian Ore, which could be used to make Num For Steel, which I guess can be used to make strong armor and weapons, thats Jerner's department not mine. So we went to this cave and it was full of goblins. Again with the blessings of Lord Doucard, the foe did not stand a chance. We made our way back to the mines where I assisted in chopping at the large stones for Calandra, Galia and Lord Doucard. We returned to Western Tanamerah were we split ways and I went to visit some friends and relatives.

Upon my return to Tanamerah Proper, Lord Doucard was talking with others. He was called upon by some adventurers to go and help a fallen comrade of theirs in the Ancient City. Praise Lord Doucard and his blessings, he brought the man back from the dead! He pulled me aside and told me that he was so impressed with my skill, that he decided to knight me, so I am now Sir Justan Krown, Knight of the House of Doucard. My dreams are coming true, this is a higher honor then serving in the Guard! My first duty, was to assist Galias in gathering some woods for a crafting project of hers. Off to the woods we went.

During the harvest, I could hear the faint sounds of drums in the distance. I did not think much of it until it was far too late. Goblins attacked the outskirts of Tanamerah. Luckily a band of adventurers heard the battle and came running. I was taken away by the beauty of a warrior priestess, her name was Emely Cain. Her power rivaled that of Lord Doucards, I asked her if she knew him and she said she did not. Anyway, after defeating the goblins, a guard asked us to investigate further, there was a recent horsenapping where it was found that the goblins had a mining operation. We were sent to go find clues to this. As Strowolf was involved int he foiling of the horsenappers, it seemed fit to elect him leader of the group, that and he is a master tracker.

We made it upon the cave where we fought long and hard. We captured one of the goblins, but no one could understand what he was saying. Though Strowolf caught his bodylanguage, the creature was nervous, something hidden somewhere. Stro found a little carved or shaped piece of Ore. Shana said that the object was a piece of golem or in a shape of a golem, I was a bit occupied with Emely's beauty. We were discussing what to do next when a man, who was to be known as Datton showed up, then shortly we were taken by surprise by more goblins. The man disappeared, though it seemed that he lead the attack, it was later found out that he was a victim of circumstance.

We managed to make it back to the city where the guard was told of our findings. As a reward, we were all given some gold and a token from the Officals of Tanamerah, it is said that these rare coins can be used to grant special favors. These are proud times!

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:08 pm

A glorious day, I had finally enough to purchase one of those magic boxes. It sure does make things much easier now, my hunts can go on longer before I have to return back to the city to turn in the bounty. I even decided to get one of those nasty smelly beasts; I have to say that my horsemanship needs some work but I guess a Knight needs to have a horse, after all Lord Doucard has one. While out on a hunt, I was filling my canteen along the long river, when I was attacked by a few of these lizard creatures. I survived, but was wounded very badly. After resting up I was on my way to Sandow when I ran into Hulen, Brina and an elf friend of theirs. Her name was Radia, and I found her rather arrogant. She does not think very well of Lord Doucard, though she did hold her tongue, which was a good thing. Brina did give me the best complement I have ever received, she said that I sounded and acted like Lord Doucard - to be as great as he would be a great accomplishment! I told Hulen and the others of my run in with the lizard people and he said that he has experience with them over a 100yrs ago. Incredible. Brina and Radia both made mention of a recent attack they had from the lizards and that even Lord Doucard fell, they must be a powerful foe then! They invited me on their hunt, but I was very bothered by this arrogant elf and her poor attitude so I declined. My thighs and crotch are now in pain, but not as much as my backend is - this horse ridding is going to take getting some used to.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:50 am

I was filling my canteen when I saw Calandra. We chatted for a bit about what the both of us have been up to. She warned me of Lord Doucard, she has her doubts of his intent, since it seems that he is caught up in a game of deception. She researched his family name and it turned up nothing. Seems like someone as grand as he would have had some type of lineage recorded, maybe not. I told her that I had dreams at one time of serving in the Guard of the Republic but I decided to follow Lord Doucard; she told me that I should maybe follow my dreams of the guard as that is a noble calling and that she has her doubts of Lord Doucard. Speaking of him, he appeared as almost as out of the air. Listening to wordy answers to the questions of Calandra do make me have my doubts of who he is and what intent he has. I dont think Calandra likes him all that much. Nor do the Thorsons it appears. They advoided him it, as we were all gathered talking. After Linariel left, Strowolf warned me of him. He told me that he has seen him have undead servants at his side and that something is just not right. The actions of Linariel seem noble and just, so until otherwise, I will continue to be at his side as one of the Knight Protectors. Though, it is sad, if he is no Lord then I am no Sir; it was nice while it lasted I suppose.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:09 pm

I have been adventuring around with Jerner, he is such a pleasant chap. He has grown in his skills as a healer and priest. He raised me from the dead at least once in our travels and has made me a couple of scrolls. I'm helping do some jobs around the city and let him use my magic box when he wants. He was kind enough to craft me a new shield, armor and bow. I like them very much! I think I will see if I can have him make me some special arrows. While he was working on making some special cloth to sell, I saw Lady Galia. She sold me some fine jewelry, an amulet and ring. She speaks in such a manner that leaves me scratching my head, it seems that my ignorance frustrates her, she always lets out such a sigh when she needs to explain things to me. I should be grateful that she bothers to take the time to mingle with me anyway. We discussed Linariel a bit and I told her the thoughts of the others that were expressed to me. She is taking the same stance as I, until he does something that we see with our own eyes, we will not judge him as the others have. Well off again to join Jerner.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:27 am

Jerner is on his way, lots of work for him, I'm glad. Only a short hunting expedition this time, he had to go off to his studies. After parting ways I decided to venture out on my own for some bounty. I was traveling across the South East plains when I came upon a group being attacked by lizardmen. Some one claim there was a party going on, though I did not see any signs of punch and pie. A lot of unfamilar faces, until Mestupha called out he would pay 10,000 gold to whomever joined him. It was a while before I found out he was trying to get into the depths of the lizardman cave, where it was rumored there was Mithril to be mined. Though Im not sure what mithril is, I know 10,000 gold is a hefty bit of change. The plan was for someone to bait the lizardfolk out to the group, but before we could, a manticore was upon us. It chased after one of them elf people with a bow, I tried to chase down the creature to get him to focus on me, the elf looked far too fragile, I did finally get its attention, though, everyone was too worried about themselves, that when I called out for healing it was too late. This happened a couple of times, guess Im used to traveling with Linariel and Jerner. Anway, the manticore was killed and it was decided the party needed to rest. I stood watch and chatted with some man by the name of Chance. He carried a big sword and casted many the spell, reminded me of Shana in ways. There was also this little thing of a women, though I did not catch her name, I did take notice and hope to see her again. When they were all rested, I brought out a few lizardfolk from by the river, we did well until one of the bigones came out. Mestupha said they were called warmasters, boy, 1 hit and I was a goner. We healed up and rested again. Into the their lands we traveled, it went well at first. Then it got a bit chaotic, no leadership, no one to keep them in line or to suggest tatic. I should have stepped up and said something, but I got the feeling that this bunch was out for their own and not the wellfare of the group. I think it would have been better if Stro or Calandra was with us. Anyway, I fell again, I managed to bandage Chance so he could run off, and tried to help the elf maiden with the bow, but then I saw Mestupha being attacked, so I immediatly went to help him, well, I got the focus off of him but the lizard with the spear stabbed me pretty good and down I fell, until I was revived later. I then used one of those scrolls that Jerner gave me and brought back the elf maiden. We retreated to camp, where the snooty elf who was being chased by the manticore started speaking in some gibberish. He was quite rude and so was his lady friend. They think they are so smart and above the rest of us. They should just stay on their island. That elf guy with the dress, he just urked me to no end. I felt bad afterward, I spied him as I left and shot him in his backend with my bow, claiming that i saw a snake. Though, its not right of me to wish ill on others, I hope he is unable to sit down for a long time. I went back to Tanamerah and was off to the bounty office. The elfmaiden with the bow was there and she said Hello in her condescending tone, so I pretty much just ignored her. Now I remember her, she's the one who was trigger happy and killed that goblin in the cave that day. Why does it not surprise me.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:48 am

I started off my adventure running around town, I saw that stuck up elf guy, Eludrin I think his name was, but I was too proud to go up to him to apologize for my actions last we met, so I took my frustrations out on the fireants. I got the eggs for Nebril, he paid handsomely. As I was going to get some supplies, I ran into that elven archer, who i did apologize to. Murry showed up, Chance and that little lady. Met a knew person today too, Kelth.

Well Murry wanted to go mine for some special ore in the lizardmen lair, and I said I was in. Jerner would like that very much, to get some nice ore to play with. Well one thing lead to another and it was total chaos. People dying left and right, no one caring for their fellow man until it was too late. I have eatten dirt less times trying to take on the lizardfolk by myself. I had enough of this party who all they were out for was their own hides. Whats wrong with these people? Is there no honor amongst anyone now? Is it all just greed and power that motivates people? I see now how the empire fell all those years ago. It was a sad day! I will be very happy to Jerner, Calandra and Linariel. People can say what they want about them, but I trust my lives to those three, they seem to have their priorities straight.

Well off to have a whiskey after this day, and to pound out some dents out of this armor!

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:46 am

Well I put together a little party to go out and see if we can find some of this ore that has been rumored to be down in the Lizard cave. Jerner was very interested in going, so he could see what he could make out of this ore. Well, it was a struggle to take on the lizards but we managed. We managed to enter their lair and clean it out. Many the dead bodies laid there, I noticed some of the group were searching the bodies and taking what they could find. How rude. Well anyway, apparently the Lizards mined all they could and shipped it out somewhere, because we found nothing useful there. These lizards seem to breed quickly, so we will see if they dig deeper in their caves and what they find.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:46 am

I posted a message on the local board about organizing a hunt and to meet me at the "Rest". When I checked later I was pleased to see that Calandra and Raydrick were interested in joining me. I sat for a while at the "Rest" by myself and then Calandra came in. She looked beautiful in her dress, I believe this was the first I have seen her in non battle attire. We were catching up and she was telling me a little of her trip out East and that she would be going again. Something very secretive that she could not tell of, I did not pry. Nattie Thorson joined us at the table shortly afterward. Calandra spoke to me of some more of this Goblin and Golem incident over on the west side. She was saying that it was some type of publicity stunt to promote a new casino in town. Nattie seemed turned off to the idea of a casino and Calandra does not think much of this Arhim Nocdane, the new owner of the Inn and Casino. I may have to check this out for myself, I found it rather clever to do something like that, after all, some of us do enjoy the challenge, the chance to look death square in the face. The rest of the day ended up be quite the challenge, I assure you that!

We discussed going to hunt some lizardmen and try to find this ore that so many have talked about. I have been there in the cave before and found nothing. Calandra stated she has been there and had some of this arcanalite before. It was not soon before our numbers grew, Strowolf, Galia, Linariel, Murry and Wulfgar joined us. A new comer by the name of Lartho joined us too, he must be from the East Side, he was a little taken aback when he was told that there would be no Inns where we were going. As we were leaving Sandow, I figured this was going to be a very bad outting. I sent Raydrick to go out and scout and the whole group, minus us Knight Protectors of Tanamerah, followed him. I must have gotten my point across with my grumblings because after that, the group did look at me as a leader. The pressure was on, but I had those who I trusted, Linariel and Calandra, urging me on. Thanks to Strowolf and his uncanny ability to disappear even in the smallest of shadows, he was able to provide us with much information that in the end, made this expedition successful. The full account I will not waste time with, but know that it was a battle of epic proportions. I hope Jerner appreciates the trouble it was it obtain this arcanalite for him to play with. He owes me a new shield and armor!

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:42 pm

Finally ran into Jerner today. I handed him over some bars of Arcanum so he could make some armor for us and him a new shield. He did a great job, we each got a shield, armor and helm, he also had enough to make a new morning star for himself. I talked him into making me a few wands and couple of scrolls, it was a bit pricey but should be worth it. I ran into him down in the sewers, he was on his way to find some bones for Nebril when I guess he ran into this guy running around the sewers. Sang Morte or something like that, I was a loss for nicknames for a change. He decided to come with us to the Ancient City, the amount of evil that fills foundations of Tanamerah is remarkable! We ended up partying company after our return. Jerner went off to go do whatever it is he does and Sang had some bounty to turn in. Speaking of bounty, I keep forgetting to turn mine in, one of these times I wont beable to get rid of that stink in my box. Saw that man again, that rude guy with the helmet he was sitting chatting with Marigold outside the market. He was trying to be witty and debate his side, but he just talked himself into revealing how truly rude he is. Oh well, may Moge show him the way. That Marigold, she is a riot! Her and that man Valen had me in hysterics, she should add some comedy to her act. Well I have some extra coin in my pocket, will try my hand at the wheel of fortune and see what happens.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:42 pm

I have been slaying undead almost regularly, Jerner likes to practice his divine powers there. The old city below Tanamerah is in such unrest, something very very bad must have happened there for it to bread such evil. Found a few interesting stones down there, Jerner said they were very very special and not to loose them. So I wont and I will keep an eye out for more of them.

I was over in Sandow buying supplies when I over heard someone mention of a marsh near by that was filled with goblins. So I went out searching. Look and you will find! Hordes of them, a breading ground for the vile creatures. As I plundered my way through them I came to castle. There was no sounds of life but it seemed to be upkept. I wonder who owns it or if its vacated?

Well out to Ninago to get some bison and do some fishing. Strowolf was coming by as I finished my meal. I was just about to go out to the hills to see if I could find those giants. Strowolf said he didn't mind coming with me and showing me where they were hiding. We found them and with him at my side, it was an easy battle. And then the wierdest thing happen, things got really hazy, as if in a dream. Maybe it was a dream. We entered the forest and killed a few manticore then we went deeper into the wood. Orcs attacked us from all sides, I fell... then Strowolf fell .... blackness .... light....

I awoke unsure what had happened or if a dream I should ask Strowolf the next time I see him.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:21 pm

Well I was gathering supplies in Sandow when I decided to head over to the Old East Road to try my skill at some Lizards, when to my surprise I saw a group gathered speaking to one of them. Murry, Strowolf, Nattie, and Raydrick were there getting ore from the Lizardmen. I was dumbfounded when I saw what I was seeing, some type of alliance or treaty being formed? The others said they would explain to me at camp. So I followed them back, Wulfgar was there shortly after. They explained to me that they were contracted for some bars of steel, different types, for some project for Tanamerah. They were going to strong arm their way into the lizard lair when some how they found a softheated one who wanted to trade diamonds for ore. Sounds fishy to me. So anyway, they got the ore and we went to mines to get some iron so we could smelt with the other. A little run in with some Umber Hulks but other then that no problem. We got our reward for the contract and we were headed off to get some drinks at the rest. I of course stopped at the casino for a quick spin. 5000gp oh joy! A round of drinks for everyone! Marigold was in the Rest singing and playing some lovely songs. I gave her a decent tip, least I could do and gave Stro some money to add to the tab. After some eats and an ale I called it a day.

Oh darn, forgot to ask Stro about that dream. Wait, I think he asked me to do something, to join his Elite Guard? I wonder if that too was dream or not. I need to find him tomorrow and ask.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:47 am

I had just left the Market after helping Jerner gather some eggs for Nebril whe I saw Marigold and another man at the gazebo talking, his name was Barto. Calandra showed up and so did Gil. Before I could finish exchanging pleasantries with them, this Barto person was saying how he was wronged by Gil and that Gil must die. To my astonishment, Gil actually entertained this and continued to egg Barto on. Calandra and myself tried to break it up but they continued and brought it out to the North Road. A group, Calandra, Tierny, Marigold, Anien, Steve, Radia and myself, shortly followed to make sure it would not get out of hand. Well, though we tried it did. Barto took the first swing, but Gil is far too skilled and took the man down in just a couple of swings of his blade; though he did raise him afterward, it still was not something that a Paladin I think should really be doing, what honor was there in it? Barto disappeared and as the group gathered giving Gil council on what he should do, Barto reappeared. After many requests from us to put away his arms, he refused. Tierny had some rope and I was about ready to knock him down and us to tie him up when Anien came back with an Empeiral Guard. The guard requested that he put away his sword and when he did not, the Guard slayed him. We were all astonished, that is not what I would expect from a Guard. Maybe Gil was in the right, Im not sure. I then went over to Calandra and asked her if I could speak to her in private; I told her of the offer from Strowolf for me to be the commander of the Asguard Elite and that I was not sure what to do. Calandra understood where I was coming from, since she herself was going through a similar internal struggle. She warned me of that lands that Strowolf governs over are in troubled times and allies are thin, since he is on a fine line with the rest of the barbarian clans. This is much food for thought, as I do not want to turn my back on my own city but am still undecided. I will have faith that Moge will show me what I should do. Calandra then said we should catch up with the others before rumors spread of the two of us, though I know I wouldn't mind.

She went off to the Rest and I decided to go play some poker at the Casino. When I was finished, I stopped over at the Travlers Rest to get an ale. I walked in on some debate or discussion on Arhim, the owner of the casino. It sounded like to me that he has plans of becoming King and ruling Tanamerah, from what they were saying. Radia thinks very highly of him where others, like Calandra, think he is no good. Radia is old and wise, I think she knows what she is talking about. I have to say that, though from what I have heard he is a bit eccentric, I think he is doing much for Tanamerah. I see that he has started an adventuring society with the purpose to breath life back into Tanamerah. I notice that the Inn of the Comfortable Saddle and Casino seem to be bringing in some high end nobles and officals from outside of our walls, so this must be a good thing. I know that he is probably making a large profit from the Casino, but at least he is pumping it back into the community, so he has got my vote at this time. I noticed he had a sign up about a scouting expedition, I might go and see him about it. I sure know that I am need of some employment, and its not because of my time at the casino neither.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:34 pm

Met a few new people recently, Jo a Cleric of sorts, his friend Leff a dwarf and a nice man named Core. I ran into them as they were gathered listening to one of Marigolds open air performances. I invited them all back to the Rest for a round of drinks. Leff and Jo had to leave, but Core and Marigold stayed. Core is new to the city so we brought him out for a little hunting. It was pleasant company.

Jerner approached me about helping him gather some hides for Lagnar, some wolf and boar. I told him no problem. We wandered our way through the plains and then we ran into some Hill Giants. I was a bit scared at first but Jerner's skill has increased so. Just when I thought I was a goner, he said a quick prayer and I was healed. Then a few other words and the Chief was nearly dead. I will remember NOT to get on Jerner's bad side, not that I think he has one. We then were daring, he called upon a Vampire to aide us, his tricks never cease to amaze me. We then took on a bear, 2 manticores and a pack of dire wolves. I spied some orcs but decided it was time to leave. Back to the city to drop off our kill.

Saw Gil there sitting, so I asked him about if he had to go to trial, but he did not hear anything. Some barbarian oaf from the Bear clan was trying to start trouble and bad mouth Strowolf. I couldnt be bothered to hear his nonsense so I left. Well off to the casino, maybe Ill run into Arhim again.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:09 am

Well I finally made my way to Sandow to meet with Beren. I gave him the manticore hides and in return he gave me a nice cloak. He told me that it would increase my stamina and protect me from arrows and other piercing items. I then caught a boat back to Tanamerah, where I bumped into Jerner. He mentioned he wanted to go the plains and forest to find some Hill Giants and Manticore. I told him that my blade would be at his side. As we were leaving, we saw a group gathered speaking to the Town Crier about something. Shortly after we left the North Gate, Marigold joined us and shortly after that Core joined us. We started to make our way to the plains when Jerner and I got side tracked and we got separated from Core and Marigold.

Jerner and I parted company and I made my way to the plains. Went for a dip, which would not be the last one I took this hunting trip, and then through some meat on the fire. Piert came by and asked what I was up to. He reintroduced himself to me, guess one too many bumps on his head I guess. As I was telling him Marigold came by. She said that Core and her parted company and she was out and about. The three of us decided to go to the North Hills and see if we could find a giant or two. With the inspirational songs of Marigold, we had no problem taking on the Giants. We then talked about going into the forest but we all decided it would be best to go back to Ninago to rest up, so we did. Piert left us to go back to Tanamerah and Margold slipped into her swimming clothes. I had to do my best not to stare at her. I sat on the edge of the water hole and guess I was deep in though, when all of a sudden I found myself in the water! Marigold had pushed me in. We played for a while, dunking and splashing each other. Then we got out and I had to set my clothes by the fire so they would dry out. We talked for a bit and then I asked her if she ever saw the tower in the Duskwood marshes. She said no. So we geared up and went on our way to the Marshes. We slayed many the goblin when we saw a familiar face, Calandra was there. She joined us and we finished slaying the goblins and we made our way to the tower. None of us could figure out who owned the tower or if it was inhabited. We then all went back to Sandow, I had some bounty to turn in. I split the earnings with Marigold and we chatted for a little. Calandra said she was going to visit Hano the Brown since she was halfway there. We said our good byes and Marigold and I took a ship to Tanamerah. Marigold went off to the college to get some rest and I went off to the west side to catch some shut eye in the flophouse. The fun of the day kept repeating itself in my dreams.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:12 pm

Out for a hunt today with Jerner. At his request we went Hill Giant Hunting and Manticore Hunting. A close few calls we had but his healing ability came in handy! We took a break in Ninago, made camp and such. No dip in the lake this time. We explored the North West side of the plains and found a camp of bandits. I fell to a wizard, but his own magic killed him as well. Thanks to Jerner he brought me back from the dead. We then slayed the rest of the camp, I enjoy hunting with Jerner, he keeps me going. Well we went back to Tanamerah to cash in our finds. Such a long day!

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:59 am

Jerner's power is increasing everytime I see him. He had me wander with him on a manticore hunt. Why not! I fear not many things when he is at my side. In the foot hills of the forest we travel, across the plains we go fighting Ants, manticores, displacer cats, boar and giants. We returned to Sandow where the local smith paid us well for the skins of the manticore, he was even nice enough to provide me with a cloak made from the hide. Seems to protect me rather well from arrows, at least takes off the edge of the arrows of the lizardfolk by the long river. Jerner and I had to part company but I told him that I will be on the lookout for manticores so he too can get a fine cloak like this one.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:13 am

I have met many the person around Tanamerah as of late. The most notable one would be Adrianna Fairborne, priestess of Alahna. She travels mostly with her Cari Swift, another of the order of Alahna. Very nice people they are. I had the chance to go on a giant hunt with Adrianna and an elf maiden by the name of Xana, an fine archer. We did pretty well and even were able to take on a small camp of orcs. Though we all got a bad feeling the deeper we went into the forest so we turned around and parted ways in Ninago. I have to say that Ninago is one of my favorite places, though I'm a city boy, camping out on the plains brings much joy to me. I don't know if it is because of the memories of that day with Marigold and the incident with the lake or maybe the talks with Calandra, with hearing of her nature journies to the east. Well I think it is time for me to head back to Tanamerah and see what has all been going on, maybe even get a hunting group together.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:12 pm

Well it was not long after I posted on the board that a group met at the Travelers Rest. We went through the normal introductions. To my surprise, a pleasant one at that, my eyes were covered, and a soft voice said "Guess who". It was Calandra. My heart started to pound and I felt elated, it was so so good to see her. We did not get a chance to talk much, the Sargon took over, he had a pressing matter. His friend Xana, the same Xana who I went hunting with, I guess ended up venturing into the forest. I thought she would have taken more caution after our last time there. She went missing and that was great concern of Sargon. He was going to pay us all a lot of gold to help look for her, but we all declined, we are a kind hearted group. So we gathered our things as Sargon parted to let Xana's family know the situation. North to Saban we went. I had one heck of a time trying to secure some stone to flesh scrolls, since someone mentioned that there were creatures in the forest that turn you to stone. Well they were right, ugly floating eye balls. They posses a great power, they can strip you of all your blessing and knock you down with a gaze of there huge eye. We found Xana and hurried to Port Smith. Core and Marigold I guess got a room and the others were mingling around the table. I told them that I would ride back to Tanamerah to let Sargon know that Xana was safe. Luckily it was an uneventful trip back to Tana.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:08 am

It ways heavy on me that there was nothing I could do, I was exhausted out of ideas. Part of me was scared, to scared to think about falling with my comrades. I was just arriving at the north gate of tanamerah, after returning from a long hunting trip that ranged from Port Smith to the hills out side of Saban. I just hitched my horse when Core and some other came from the front gate. They said they were meeting Xana in Ninago, so I said I would come a long. I guess it was a bad mistake now, I should have gone to Tana to turn in my bounty. I didn't I followed the others. When we arrived in Ninago, Xana was talking with Justin, around the lake. One thing lead to another and we were off in the Hills of the forest. Hunting Hill giants and manticore. The first orc camp went well, the second camp was fine. Then, we camped. The forest all looks the same to me, for all I know we were south of Port Smith or Saban maybe. I decided to wander ahead, while the rest of the group were breaking camp. To my surprise it was a whole city of Orcs! This sure wasn't Port Smith nor Saban. Apparently a couple followed me back or snuck up on the group, I think it was both, but they did not last very long. After catching my breath I said that I was going to go and bring a few more back with me, before I knew what was going on the whole group followed. It was a mess, I fell first but made it to me feet, so I retreated to heal up, no idea why the rest didn't follow, well I healed up and went back towards the battle. It was a mess, orcs lying dead as well as the majority of the group. I tried to sneak up to the gate, Xana, Core and our dwarven friend lie dead. I raised Core but he fell soon after, I looked up and it was an archer. I took 3 arrows and nearly lost consciousness but I got to out of his range. Justin comes running, and a whole group of orcs after him. I thought he was going to get away, but they caught up with him, we were ambushed. I just kept running trying to avoid the archers. I had a few scrolls that could have helped the others, but I alone was no match for the orcs. I go through my pack and find a potion of invisibility, I take it and then try to go save Justin, figure with is powerful magic we could go back and raise the others. No such luck, he was killed again before he even finished standing up. Then I wander the forest and see that there are droves of orcs, I see Marigold on the ground and standing around her body was one of those archers and a big one with a blade. There was nothing I could do, it would have been suicide. I didn't know how much time I had before the potion wore off, so I ran. Apparently the potion had wore off because a pack of wolves found me. Back to Ninago, I was hoping I would see Linarel or Brina or Calandra, someone who could help. I then saw Justin, he and the others were taken by their gods and given another chance. Though they are fine now, it still ways heavily that there was nothing that could have been done.

I filled my canteen at the fountain and met an evoker by the name of Rizen. Gwill showed up too. We all chatted for a bit and then the talk of giants came up. Gwill mentioned she wanted to go and meet a giant and talk to one. So we went out looking for some. Nope, they were not in the mood for talking, their loss. Back to Tanamerah we went, but too much was waying on mind. I parted company and apologized.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:18 am

Was making my rounds in Tanamerah. A group was gathered by the fountain, Core Marigold, Xana, Wulfgar and Murry. We all caught up on the happenings and I was glad to see my fallen friends again from that Orc issue we had that day. Still it ways on my conscience but not as bad now, seeing that everyone is fine. Xana's friend Tomar, seems to be from the poor side of town, was talking about a Talisman he heard of that could be found in the Ancient City. Of course I was game to go help him out, us poor folk need to stick together! Wulfgar though seemed to have the item he was looking for; something about controlling or making undead, not my cup of ale, that's more up Jerner's alley. So I started mentioning about I found something of interest up outside of Saban on the way to Port Smith and those interested were to supply up and meet at the rest.

I got my things and we all met at the rest. I told them all about the cave I had found and was looking for some friends to help me to investigate it. Marigold seemed to have knowledge of the cave from some writings of her Grandmother, something of Smugglers using it at one time long ago and that there was some kidnapping ring associated with it. I wonder if this has anything to do with the missing children that seems to be plaguing everywhere. It was at this point, Tomar had to leave and Xana said that maybe her friend Pam would be more suited to help us out, she is a powerful healer. I then went up to a room to change into my armor and upon my return Pam was there and a newcomer by the name of Geo. We went on our way. Geo did something to me and I was able to run at speeds I never ran before even in my armor. It was incredible, though I think the rest of the group almost died of exhaustion trying to keep up with me. Then it happened, once we got to Saban the spell wore off and I collapsed. Geo didn't warn me of this side effect, know I know. So we made our way to the cave after we all caught our breath and found the path to the cave. Sure enough outside it were some type of thugs, we will call them smugglers, we could see a ship off to the distance, not sure if it was theirs or not but we will pretend, makes the story more interesting. We made our way through the cave killing these smugglers and increasing our supplies of arrows, nice ones at that. Core seemed to be able to deal with most of the traps that were encountered and found by Geo and the others. We went way deep into this cave where it seem to have a cave within itself. More Smugglers! As we worked our way around the maze of passages, I heard faint crying, it ended up being 3 children! They were taken by these smugglers for some reason, they did not say. Marigold and Geo consoled the children and made them invisible to keep them safe. We then all went further to the cave and found their hideout. We recklessly slayed these evil kidnappers and one of them, who I would guess was the leader, was grasped, instead of the group talking to him, I think they were all blind sighted with the welfare of the children that they just killed him dead. Too bad! We all started to reap the rewards of the treasures in their hideout, lots of gold and gems and even a black pearl! As we wandered the maze again to find the children who got separated from us and were invisible, something over took Wulfgar and he killed one of the kids! We all were astonished, and no one more then Wulfgar. Core said it was the blood coin we got from the cave, I quickly dropped all treasure I got on the expedition and started praying for forgiveness from Moge. Luckily Pam I think was able to bring the girl back to life. Marigold started to play a song on her lute, and got the kids to skip along with her as we left the cave, something like "come follow my tune that I play on my lute because I dont have a flute". Marigold has a away making any situation alright with her songs and words! We made it to Saban where I will only assume the children were handed over to those who deal with such matters. Well in the end it was a good day and I have enough arrows to start a store!

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:07 am

I came upon a worried women in East Tanamerah. She said that her house was infested by zombies. I was a bit worried now myself, undead, zombies. My thought went immediately to Jerner. I ran to the crafting hall to find him and luckily enough there he was. He was very interested and went and spoke to the women at length. She gave him a key to the house and off to work he went. The details I will leave vague as to not scare anyone, but there were many the zombie and ghosts! Jerner lead us all through the house and even to a secret tomb where we found Core, reading a book of all things! Whatever Jerner did it seems that the undead were happy with him because we ended up leaving the house without a scratch! Hmm, next time I see Core, I will have to ask him why he was down there reading a book.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  arhim Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:13 pm

Things have been quite boring as of late. I have not seen Jerner since our Haunted House outting nor anyone else. I wonder how Calandra is doing, I hope sometime soon she can tell me the tales of her trips to Shadowvale, well at least as much as she can discolse - I wouldn't Hano to be mad with her.

I wonder how Justin is doing? I hope to get a chance to go Orc Hunting with him, I think we would make a good team. Speaking of hunting, I hear rumor of goblins around Tanamerah. I should go out and see what I can find.

arhim
DM
DM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: